Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Lorne, which is also known for its spas and cafés. This city also attracts tourists with its gardens.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in Lorne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon) 71.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lorne
The city's beaches and gardens provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Teddy's Lookout. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lorne Surf Life Saving Club and Lorne Sea Baths.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Lorne. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Qdos Arts - With a stay at this 4.5-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a café, along with a private patio. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- La Perouse Lorne - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Lorne Bush House Cottages & Eco Retreats - This 4-star cottage features free WiFi, a spa tub, and a terrace. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Dressing for Lorne
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 56°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 63°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 58°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 50°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Lorne is 32.01 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 48°F