Visitors to Footscray are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, spas, and university setting. Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Flemington Racecourse are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 7.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 15 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Footscray
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Flemington Racecourse. Additionally, in the area you'll find Etihad Stadium and Melbourne Zoo.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Footscray. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Plough Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Footscray Motor Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. This 3.5-star motel features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar.
- Palms Motel - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Queen Victoria Market, located 3.3 mi (5.4 from the city center, and SEA LIFE Melbourne, which is 3.6 mi (5.8 away.
Getting Around Footscray
You can access metro transit at Footscray Station, Middle Footscray Station, and West Footscray Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a car rental for your journey.
Dressing for Footscray
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 52°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- Footscray gets about 25.79 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 43°F