Search Florence, Tuscany Hotels from AU$65
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 9 Mar. 2020
Where to stay in Florence
Campo di Marte
4/5Very Good!(4 area reviews)
Join the crowds cheering for the local soccer team, attending a concert or tasting some of Florence’s favorite ice cream flavors.
Visit this neighborhood brimming with museums, historical villas and beautiful gardens, perfect for relaxing away from the busy city center.
Explore the shady paths of large green spaces, play in an interactive math museum or select fresh produce at local markets in this Florentine quarter.
Soccer fans will find their place in this neighborhood, which has one of the most famous and prestigious centers of the much-loved sport.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Florence, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral, fascinating museums, and renowned art. This city also attracts tourists with its monuments, architecture, and riverfront. Top sights in the city include Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Flower, Ponte Vecchio, and Piazza della Signoria.
- There are 1879 hotels and other accommodations in Florence
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola) 5.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Florence
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Palazzo Vecchio, Bargello, and Uffizi Gallery. Notable for its cathedral, monuments, and historic sites, the city's landmarks include Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Flower, Ponte Vecchio, and Piazza della Signoria. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and such places to visit as Piazzale Michelangelo and Boboli Gardens.
In Florence, you'll be able to select from 1879 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- KF Deluxe B&B - This bed & breakfast in Duomo features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a free manager's reception. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Canto degli Scali - Our customers like the helpful staff and bathrooms at this apartment. Guests staying at this apartment in Duomo can enjoy access to parking and free WiFi.
- B&B La Nannina - With a stay at this townhouse accommodation in Santa Maria Novella, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a terrace, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Florence include Florence Baptistery, San Lorenzo Church, and Santa Maria Novella Basilica and Museum.
Getting Around Florence
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Florence Santa Maria Novella Station, Porta al Prato Station, or Florence Campo Di Marte Station. Florence may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Florence
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Florence gets about 31.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 44°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Florence?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Florence, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Florence?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Florence?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday in Florence?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Florence?
What's the best luxury hotel in Florence?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Florence?
What's the best hotel in Florence to learn about local history?
Recent Reviews in Florence
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Florence airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Florence?
- Where to stay near top Florence attractions?
- More accommodation types in Florence
- What kind of hotels are in Florence?
- Which hotel chains are in Florence?
- What are the most popular hotels in Florence?
- Are there hotels near Florence?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends