Families will find kid-friendly activities in Docklands, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, bustling port, and top-notch restaurants. The welcoming and walkable setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights around the area include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Etihad Stadium.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 10.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 18.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Docklands
Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Harbour Town Shopping Centre, Collins Street, and Southbank Promenade. Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Central Pier, Melbourne City Marina, and Melbourne Star Observation Wheel are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Etihad Stadium and ArtVo.
In Docklands, there are 72 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Docklands Executive Apartments - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star apartment in Melbourne Central Business District can enjoy access to 4 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and proximity to public transit.
- Accent Accommodation at Docklands Melbourne - Our customers like the convenient parking and proximity to public transit at this apartment. This 4.5-star apartment in Melbourne Central Business District features a marina, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center.
- Melbourne Holiday Apartments Flinders Wharf - Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in Melbourne Central Business District can enjoy access to an indoor pool and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its pool and proximity to public transit.
Top places to see around the area include Melbourne Cricket Ground, located 2 mi (3.2 from the city center, and St. Kilda Beach, which is 3.9 mi (6.3 away.
Getting Around Docklands
With so many ways to get around, exploring Docklands is easy. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Southern Cross Station. You can find out about your water travel options at the local port.
Dressing for Docklands
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Docklands gets about 0.47 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F