Families will find kid-friendly activities in Coolangatta, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. The welcoming and walkable setting also entices those visiting the city. Sea World, Surfers Paradise Beach, and Cavill Avenue are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 665 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Gold Coast
- The closest major airport is in Gold Coast, QLD (OOL-Coolangatta) 2.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Coolangatta
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Coolangatta Beach, Kirra Beach, and Greenmount Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and The Strand is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Twin Towns Uniting Church and Kirra Hill Community Center.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Coolangatta. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Kirra Surf Apartments - This 4.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Nirvana By The Sea - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and quiet location at this apartment. With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Pure Kirra - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Sea World, located 15.8 mi (25.4 from the city center, and Surfers Paradise Beach, which is 12.9 mi (20.8 away.
Dressing for Coolangatta
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 64°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 74°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 59°F
- Coolangatta gets about 1.26 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 51°F