Visitors can enjoy all that Altona has to offer including its beaches. Top sights around the area include St. Kilda Beach, Melbourne Cricket Ground, and Flemington Racecourse.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 16.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 21.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Altona
A favorite place to visit in the city is Altona Beach. Additionally, in the area you'll find St. Kilda Beach and Melbourne Cricket Ground.
As you make plans for a getaway to Altona, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 842 hotels and lodging options locally. Here you'll find a few places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Beach Front Holiday Living is 1.4 mi from the center of Altona. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse in Altona can enjoy access to free parking and spa services, along with free WiFi.
- Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank is located 8.8 mi from the heart of Altona. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Southbank can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour business center, along with an in-room kitchenette. Our customers like its dining options and proximity to public transit.
- Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne is 8.8 mi from central Altona. This 4.5-star hotel in Melbourne features a restaurant, a 24-hour health club, and a bar. Our customers like its convenient parking and proximity to public transit.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Flemington Racecourse, located 7.2 mi (11.5 from the heart of the city, and Etihad Stadium, which is 8 mi (12.8 away.
Getting Around Altona
Metro stations nearby include Westona Station and Altona Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a car rental for your journey.
Dressing for Altona
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 75°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 53°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- About 10.94 inches of rain falls on Altona each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 74°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F