Visitors to Aitkenvale are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, bars, and entertainment choices.
- You'll find 228 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Townsville
- The closest major airport is in Townsville, QLD (TSV) 4.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Aitkenvale
Places to visit in the larger region include Townsville Palmetum, Anderson Park Botanical Gardens, and Townsville Museum and Historical Society. Additionally, you'll find Dan Gleeson Memorial Gardens and Royal Australian Air Force Townsville Museum in the area.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Cedar Lodge Motel Townsville - This 3.5-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Aitkenvale
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 71°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Aitkenvale is 40.35 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and December with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 58°F