Visiting Waikiki Beach
Travelers give high marks for the beaches, sunsets, and surfing in Waikiki Beach. This city attracts visitors with its zoo, tours, and shopping. Top attractions in the city include Honolulu Zoo and Waikiki Aquarium.
- There are 522 hotels and other accommodations in Waikiki Beach
- Closest major airport is in Honolulu, HI (HNL-Daniel K. Inouye Intl.) 11.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Waikiki Beach
The beach, seaside, and sunsets provide a picturesque setting, and Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, and Kailua Beach are worth a visit. Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to International Market Place, Royal Hawaiian Center, and Ala Moana Center. In Waikiki Beach there are 522 hotels and other lodging options to help you plan your vacation at an affordable rate.
- The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach - With a stay at this 5-star hotel in Waikiki, you'll have access to 3 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and overall property condition.
- Jet Luxury @ The Trump Waikiki - With a stay at this 5-star hotel in Waikiki, you'll have access to a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an in-room kitchenette. Our customers like its helpful staff and beach locale.
- Trump International Hotel Waikiki - This 5-star hotel in Waikiki features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Visitors like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Other top sights in Waikiki Beach include Honolulu Zoo and Waikiki Aquarium. Outside of the city, popular places to visit include Aloha Tower located 3.2 mi (5.1 from city center and USS Arizona Memorial which is 9.5 mi (15.2 away.
Dressing for Waikiki Beach
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 66°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October–December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Waikiki Beach is 16.57 inches
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 89°F while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 66°F