Search Kailua, Hawaii Hotels from AU$472
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 22 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 30 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 3 Apr. 2020
Reviewed on 21 May 2020
Reviewed on 8 Dec. 2019
Reviewed on 18 Sep. 2019
Reviewed on 15 Mar. 2020
Travelers to Kailua give high marks for the beaches. Top sights in the city include Kailua Beach and Lanikai Beach.
- There are 111 hotels and other accommodations in Kailua
- The closest major airport is in Honolulu, HI (HNL-Daniel K. Inouye Intl.) 20.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Kapolei, HI (JRF-Kalaeloa) 35.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kailua
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Kailua Beach, Lanikai Beach, and Kalama Beach Park. Snorkeling is just one of the top activities, while Lanikai Pillboxes Trailhead and Olomana Three Peaks Trail are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kawainui Park and Royal Hawaiian Golf Club.
In Kailua, you'll be able to select from 111 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Listed here are a few places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Kailua Beach-tropical Sands Luxury Suite-walk to Kailua Beach- is located in central Kailua. Located in Kailua, this guesthouse features a kitchen, a patio, and a living room. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Beautiful & Relaxing With Driveway Parking Close to Beach & Town w/ 2 SUP Boards is located in the heart of Kailua. Located in Kailua, this guesthouse features a kitchen, a dining area, and a refrigerator.
- ManuMele B & B is located 1.2 mi from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Kailua can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
Top places to see outside the city include Aloha Tower, located 10.4 mi (16.7 from the heart of the city, and Diamond Head, which is 10.4 mi (16.8 away.
Dressing for Kailua
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 67°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 69°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 68°F
- About 52.87 inches of rain falls on Kailua each year
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 67°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Kailua?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kailua, will I receive a refund?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Kailua?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Kailua?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Kailua?
Recent Reviews in Kailua
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Kailua airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Kailua?
- Where to stay near top Kailua attractions?
- More accommodation types in Kailua
- What kind of hotels are in Kailua?
- Which hotel chains are in Kailua?
- What are the most popular hotels in Kailua?
- Are there hotels near Kailua?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends