Visiting South Beach
Travelers to South Beach give high marks for the beaches, renowned art, and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its architecture, restaurants, and live music. Top sights in the city include Art Deco Welcome Center, Lummus Park Beach, and Lincoln Road Mall.
- There are 398 hotels and other accommodations in South Beach
- The closest major airport is in Miami, FL (MPB-Public Seaplane Base) 4.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Miami, FL (MIA-Miami Intl.) 14.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in South Beach
The city is well known for its art and live music, and cultural venues include Art Deco Welcome Center, Miami Beach Cinematheque, and The Wolfsonian Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Lummus Park Beach, Flamingo Park, and Ocean Drive. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Lincoln Road Mall, Collins Avenue Shopping Area, and Espanola Way and Washington Avenue.
In South Beach, you'll find 398 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Setai - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in South Beach can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Bars B&B South Beach Miami Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast in South Beach features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Urbanica The Meridian Hotel - This 3-star hotel in South Beach features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and a café. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Popular places to visit in the area include PortMiami, located 2.7 mi (4.3 from the city center, and Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, which is 5.3 mi (8.5 away.
Dressing for South Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 66°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 60°F
- About 61.93 inches of rain falls on South Beach each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 61°F