Visiting Sunny Isles Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Sunny Isles Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights around the area include Aventura Mall, PortMiami, and Vizcaya Museum and Gardens.
- You'll find 1588 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Miami
- The closest major airport is in Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL-Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood Intl.) 14.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Miami, FL (OPF-Opa Locka Executive) 15.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sunny Isles Beach
The beaches and sunrises highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Gilbert Samson Oceanfront Park, Heritage Park, and Loggia Beach Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Oleta River State Park and Hollywood Beach.
In Sunny Isles Beach, there are 234 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Acqualina Resort and Spa - This 5-star resort features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 4 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Sunny Isles Beach - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Trump International Beach Resort - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Aventura Mall, located 1.9 mi (3 from the city center, and PortMiami, which is 11.8 mi (19 away.
Dressing for Sunny Isles Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 57°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 58°F
- About 66.50 inches of rain falls on Sunny Isles Beach each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 58°F