Travelers to Singapore will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights in the city include Chinatown Heritage Center, National Orchid Garden, and Universal Studios Singapore®.
- There are 515 hotels and other accommodations in Singapore
- The closest major airport is in Singapore (SIN-Changi) 16.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Batam Batu Besar (BTH-Hang Nadim) 34.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Singapore
Cultural venues in the city include Chinatown Heritage Center, Asian Civilisations Museum, and Esplanade Theatres. Attractions like Universal Studios Singapore®, Singapore Flyer, and Singapore Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. Notable city landmarks like Raffles Place and Thian Hock Keng Temple might be worth a visit.
In Singapore, you'll be able to select from 515 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard, Singapore - This 5-star apartment in Orchard features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- The Forest by Wangz - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this apartment. Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in Novena can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Sofitel Singapore City Centre - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Chinatown can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Other favorite sights in Singapore include National Orchid Garden, Singapore Turf Club, and Raffles City.
Getting Around Singapore
Walk to nearby metro stations like City Hall Station, Esplanade Station, and Clarke Quay Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a car rental for your journey.
Dressing for Singapore
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Singapore is 3.23 inches
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 73°F