Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Richmond, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its bars, riverfront, and cafés. Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Royal Botanic Gardens are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 13.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 21.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Richmond
Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Bridge Road, Church Street, and Victoria Gardens Shopping Centre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gleadell Street Market and Chapel Street.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Richmond. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Andre's Mews Luxury Serviced Apartments - With a stay at this 5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Amora Riverwalk Melbourne - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, a bar, and a conference center.
- Adara Richmond - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a fitness center and parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its quiet location and WiFi.
Popular places to see in the area include Melbourne Cricket Ground, located 1.1 mi (1.8 from the heart of the city, and St. Kilda Beach, which is 3.6 mi (5.9 away.
Getting Around Richmond
You can walk to nearby metro stations including Burnley Station, West Richmond Station, and Richmond Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Richmond
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Average annual rainfall for Richmond is 0.47 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 41°F