Visiting Redwood City
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Redwood City, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its cafés, theaters, and entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Computer History Museum, Mavericks, and California's Great America.
- You'll find 526 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in San Carlos, CA (SQL) 3.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Palo Alto, CA (PAO-Santa Clara County) 11.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Redwood City
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Woodside Central Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Marlin Park and Filoli.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Redwood City. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Redwood City Redwood Shores - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Courtyard by Marriott Redwood City - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Pullman San Francisco Bay - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Redwood Shores can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Computer History Museum, located 9.7 mi (15.7 from the city center, and Mavericks, which is 14.7 mi (23.7 away.
Getting Around Redwood City
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Redwood City Station. Redwood City may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Redwood City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 78°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- About 19.88 inches of rain falls on Redwood City each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 41°F