Visiting Half Moon Bay
Travelers to Half Moon Bay give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and pristine golf courses. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its festivals. Mavericks, Computer History Museum, and Twin Peaks are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 534 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in San Carlos, CA (SQL) 16.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.) 17.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Half Moon Bay
The beaches and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Mavericks, Francis Beach, and Half Moon Bay State Beach. Top activities include surfing and golfing, while Waterfront Coastside Trail is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Venice Beach in Half Moon Bay and Dunes Beach.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Half Moon Bay. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Landis Shores Oceanfront Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a computer station, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Cypress Inn On Miramar Beach - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a golf course, and 3 restaurants. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Top places to visit outside the city include Computer History Museum, located 19.6 mi (31.5 from the city center, and Twin Peaks, which is 19.9 mi (32 away.
Dressing for Half Moon Bay
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 41°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Half Moon Bay gets about 27.95 inches of rain per year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 66°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F