Visiting Point Cook
Visitors can enjoy all that Point Cook has to offer including the parks, golf courses, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting and museums. Top sights around the area include St. Kilda Beach, Melbourne Cricket Ground, and Flemington Racecourse.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 23.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 28.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Point Cook
Favorite places to visit in the city include Point Cook Homestead, Point Cook Coastal Park, and Sanctuary Lakes Golf Club. Additionally, you might want to add Royal Australian Air Force Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Point Cook. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Quest Sanctuary Lakes - With a stay at this 4-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Quality Suites Point Cook Seasons 5 - Our customers like the overall value and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
Popular places to visit outside the city include St. Kilda Beach, located 12 mi (19.3 from the heart of the city, and Melbourne Cricket Ground, which is 13.7 mi (22 away.
Dressing for Point Cook
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 53°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 62°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- About 10.94 inches of rain falls on Point Cook each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 44°F