Visitors to Mayfield are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars, shopping, and sporting events.
- You'll find 144 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Newcastle
- The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown) 14.1 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mayfield
Places to visit in the larger region include Newcastle International Sports Centre, Newcastle Showground, and Newcastle International Hockey Centre. You'll also find University of Newcastle and Maritime Centre in the area.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- The Gateway Inn - This 4.5-star hotel features 5 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Mayfield
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Waratah Station. Mayfield might not have as many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Mayfield
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 60°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 53°F at night
- About 1.30 inches of rain falls on Mayfield each year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 47°F