Visiting Kingston Upon Thames
Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Kingston Upon Thames, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful gardens, lively bar scene, and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its coffeehouses and university setting. Around the area, top sights include Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and London Dungeon.
- You'll find 4384 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of London
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow) 12.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City) 25.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kingston Upon Thames
Favorite places to visit in the city include All Saints Church, Thames Markets, and Stanley Picker Gallery. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Rose Theatre Kingston and Kingston University.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Kingston Upon Thames. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Warren House - With a stay at this 4-star country house, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Queen's Head - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this inn. With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- DoubleTree by Hilton London Kingston Upon Thames - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to public transit and comfortable rooms.
Top places to see in the area include Buckingham Palace, located 8.7 mi (14 from the city center, and Big Ben, which is 9.1 mi (14.7 away.
Getting Around Kingston Upon Thames
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Kingston Upon Thames Norbiton Station, Kingston Station, or Kingston Upon Thames Hampton Wick Station. Kingston Upon Thames might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Kingston Upon Thames
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- Kingston Upon Thames gets about 23.11 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F