Visiting Chipping Norton
Travelers to Chipping Norton give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. Top sights around the area include Bicester Village, Blenheim Palace, and Pitts Rivers Museum.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Chipping Norton
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF) 20.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Coventry (CVT) 47.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chipping Norton
Golfing is a top activity, and Chipping Norton Golf Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Fairytale Farm and Rollright Stones.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Chipping Norton. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hillborough House - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room coffeemaker. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Bull Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this inn. This 4-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Falkland Arms - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with an in-room coffeemaker. Expedia customers like its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Bicester Village, located 16.8 mi (27.1 from the heart of the city, and Blenheim Palace, which is 10.4 mi (16.8 away.
Getting Around Chipping Norton
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Chipping Norton Kingham Station, Ascott-under-Wychwood Station, or Chipping Norton Charlbury Station. Chipping Norton may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Chipping Norton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Chipping Norton gets about 33.66 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 36°F