Travelers give high marks for the lively bar scene in Banbury, which is also known for its gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Bicester Village, Warwick Castle, and Blenheim Palace.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodations in Banbury
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF) 25.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Coventry (CVT) 35.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Banbury
Favorite places to visit in the city include Broughton Castle, Hook Norton Brewery, and Feldon Valley Golf Course. In the area, you'll also find Bicester Village and Warwick Castle.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Banbury. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Castle at Edgehill - This 4-star inn features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Dashwood Apartments - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this apartment. Amenities at this 3-star apartment include free WiFi and free parking.
- Horse & Groom Inn - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Blenheim Palace, located 15.2 mi (24.4 from the heart of the city, and Shakespeare Monument, which is 17.9 mi (28.9 away.
Getting Around Banbury
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Banbury Station or Kings Sutton Station. Banbury might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Banbury
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 71°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Banbury is 1.22 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 34°F