Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Witney, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its gardens and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Bicester Village, Blenheim Palace, and Ashmolean Museum.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Witney
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF) 13.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Witney
Favorite places to visit in the city include West Witney Sports and Social Club, Witney Lakes Golf Course, and Oxford Bus Museum. Additionally, in the area you'll find Bicester Village and Blenheim Palace.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Witney. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Old Swan & Minster Mill - With a stay at this 5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location.
- The Witney - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a terrace.
- The Blue Boar - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Ashmolean Museum, located 9.8 mi (15.8 from the heart of the city, and Pitts Rivers Museum, which is 9.9 mi (16 away.
Getting Around Witney
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Witney Combs Station or Witney Hanborough Station. Witney might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Witney
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 33.66 inches of rain falls on Witney each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 36°F