Families will find kid-friendly activities in Chippendale, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and Chinatown. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its cafés and waterfront. Around the area, top sights include Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Bondi Beach.
- You'll find 964 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 6.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chippendale
The city is notable for its Chinatown and landmarks such as Railway Square. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Kensington Street is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are White Rabbit and Central Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Chippendale. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Old Clare Hotel - This 5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Mercure Sydney - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with WiFi.
- 28 Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, a fitness center, and concierge services. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Sydney Opera House, located 2.2 mi (3.5 from the city center, and Sydney Harbour Bridge, which is 2.3 mi (3.7 away.
Dressing for Chippendale
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- Chippendale gets about 46.77 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 47°F