Travelers to Wollongong give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. Scenic and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its cafés.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Wollongong
- The closest major airport is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional) 18 from the city center
- The next closest is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 59.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wollongong
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Wollongong City Beach and North Wollongong Beach. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Crown Street Mall and Wollongong Fish Market. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Wollongong Harbor is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Wollongong. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Wollongong Serviced Apartments - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a business center, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this aparthotel. This 4-star aparthotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and a fitness center.
- Sage Hotel Wollongong - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall condition.
Getting Around Wollongong
With so many ways to get around, seeing Wollongong is a breeze. If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Wollongong Station. You can find out about water travel options at the local port.
Dressing for Wollongong
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Wollongong is 46.77 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F