History buffs will enjoy exploring Chichester, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cathedral and theaters. Top sights in the city include Pallant House Gallery, Chichester Cathedral, and Fishbourne Roman Palace.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodations in Chichester
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU) 42.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick) 55.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chichester
Well known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include Pallant House Gallery, Weald and Downland Open Air Museum, and Chichester Guildhall Museum. Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include Chichester Cathedral, Fishbourne Roman Palace, and Chichester Market Cross. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Chichester Castle and Chichester Festival Theatre.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Chichester. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Old School Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and bathrooms.
- Old Forge Chapel - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Dean Ale & Cider House - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Top places to see around the area include Arundel Castle and Gardens, located 10 mi (16 from the city center, and Arundel Wildfowl and Wetlands Centre, which is 10.1 mi (16.2 away.
Getting Around Chichester
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Chichester Station, Chichester Fishbourne Station, or Chirchester Bosham Station. Chichester might not have as many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Chichester
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Chichester each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F