History buffs will enjoy exploring Arundel, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its gardens, cathedral, and golf courses. Top sights in the city include Arundel Castle and Gardens and Arundel Wildfowl and Wetlands Centre.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Arundel
- The closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick) 43.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Southampton (SOU) 57.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Arundel
Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include Arundel Castle and Gardens, Arundel Jailhouse, and Slindon Estate. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Arundel Wildfowl and Wetlands Centre. Golfing is a top activity, and Avisford Park Golf Club is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Arundel. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Amberley Castle - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Swan Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- St Marys Gate Inn - This 2.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Top places to visit around the area include Weald and Downland Open Air Museum, located 9.5 mi (15.4 from the heart of the city, and Pallant House Gallery, which is 9.9 mi (15.9 away.
Getting Around Arundel
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Arundel Station, Littlehampton Ford Station, or Arundel Amberley Station. Arundel might not have as many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Arundel
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Arundel gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F