Visitors to Brighton are sure to enjoy the beaches, churches, and cafés. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include St. Kilda Beach, Melbourne Cricket Ground, and Brighton Beach.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 21.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 29.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Brighton
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Brighton Beach and Elwood Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Green Point to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Brighton. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Brighton Bay Apartments - With a stay at this 4.5-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to parking and a business center, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Caroline Serviced Apartments Brighton - Our customers like the room size and walkable location at this apartment. This 4.5-star apartment features free WiFi, parking, and a business center.
- Brighton Savoy - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include St. Kilda Beach, located 3.1 mi (5 from the heart of the city, and Melbourne Cricket Ground, which is 6.3 mi (10.2 away.
Getting Around Brighton
You can access metro transit at Middle Brighton Station, North Brighton Station, and Brighton Beach Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Brighton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Brighton gets about 0.47 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 41°F