Visitors to Williamstown are sure to enjoy the cafés. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seaside and spas. Around the area, top sights include St. Kilda Beach, Melbourne Cricket Ground, and Etihad Stadium.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 15.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 21.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Williamstown
The picturesque setting of Williamstown Botanic Gardens and Jawbone Marine Sanctuary exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Melbourne Seaplanes and HMAS Castlemaine.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Williamstown. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Captains Retreat Bnb - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Punthill Williamstown - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this apartment. This 4.5-star apartment features free parking, a fitness center, and a spa tub.
- Quest Williamstown North - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
Top places to visit around the area include St. Kilda Beach, located 4.5 mi (7.2 from the city center, and Melbourne Cricket Ground, which is 5.8 mi (9.4 away.
Getting Around Williamstown
With so many ways to get around, seeing Williamstown is easy. Metro stations nearby include Williamstown Beach Station and Williamstown Station. To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Williamstown Beach Station.
Dressing for Williamstown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Williamstown gets about 0.47 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F