Visitors to Whangaparaoa are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its golf courses. Top sights around the area include Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, Sky Tower, and Mt. Eden.
- You'll find 591 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Auckland
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.) 43.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Whangaparaoa
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Shakespear Regional Park, Matakatia Beach, and Matakatia Bay. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Whangaparaoa Golf Club and Gulf Harbour Country Club.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Whangaparaoa Lodge Motel - This 4-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a conference center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and comfortable, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, located 16.2 mi (26 from the heart of the city, and Sky Tower, which is 16.6 mi (26.7 away.
Dressing for Whangaparaoa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 57°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- Average annual rainfall for Whangaparaoa is 49.25 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 46°F