Visitors to Waterloo are sure to enjoy the university setting, theaters, and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, festivals, and breweries.
- You'll find 73 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Kitchener
- The closest major airport is in Kitchener, ON (YKF-Region of Waterloo Intl.) 11.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Hamilton, ON (YHM-John C. Munro Hamilton Intl.) 58.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waterloo
Well known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include Clay and Glass, Earth Sciences Museum, and Brubacher House Museum. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include University of Waterloo and Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Waterloo Central Railway Station and Waterloo Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Waterloo. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Les Diplomates B&B Executive Guest House - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Waterloo/St. Jacobs - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Waterloo - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Waterloo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 45°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 12°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 16°F as the nighttime average
- Waterloo gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°F