Search Varenna, Lombardy Hotels from AU$154
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Travelers to Varenna give high marks for the lakeside setting and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and sightseeing tours. Villa Melzi, Villa Carlotta, and Villa del Balbianello are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in Varenna
- The closest major airport is in Lugano (LUG-Agno) 29.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Bergamo (BGY-Orio Al Serio) 50.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Varenna
Cultural venues in the city include Civic Museum of Ornithology and Natural Sciences, Villa Monestero, and Castello di Vezio. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Grigna Settentrionale Regional Park. Additionally, you might want to add San Giovanni Battista Church to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Varenna. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Royal Victoria - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Casa Stacy - Amenities at this apartment include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Villa Torretta - Amenities at this guesthouse include a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Top places to visit around the area include Villa Melzi, located 2.1 mi (3.4 from the city center, and Villa Carlotta, which is 3 mi (4.8 away.
Dressing for Varenna
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Varenna gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Varenna?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Varenna, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Varenna?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in Varenna?
What's the best accommodation for a couple going to Varenna?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Varenna?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Varenna?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Varenna?
What are some hotels with pools in Varenna?
Recent Reviews in Varenna
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Varenna airport?
- Where to stay near top Varenna attractions?
- More accommodation types in Varenna
- What kind of hotels are in Varenna?
- Which hotel chains are in Varenna?
- What are the most popular hotels in Varenna?
- Are there hotels near Varenna?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends