Travelers give high marks for the lively bar scene in Stroud, which is also known for its golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices and theaters. A top sight in the area is Thornbury Castle.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodations in Stroud
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.) 52.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Birmingham (BHX) 85.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stroud
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and Rococo Gardens. Additionally, you might want to add Museum in the Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Stroud. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Bell Inn - This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Wild Garlic Restaurant & Rooms - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this inn. This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Cardynham House - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free breakfast and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Thornbury Castle, located 16.2 mi (26 from the city center.
Getting Around Stroud
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Stroud Station. Stroud might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Stroud
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Average annual rainfall for Stroud is 1.22 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 34°F