History buffs will enjoy exploring Cirencester, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, relaxing spas, and lively bar scene. Welcoming and culturally-rich, this city also attracts tourists with its restaurants.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodations in Cirencester
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF) 47.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Birmingham (BHX) 83.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cirencester
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Cirencester Roman Amphitheatre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cirencester Church and Corinium Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Cirencester. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Barnsley House Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Swan Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room coffeemaker.
- The Old Brewhouse - Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Getting Around Cirencester
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Cirencester Kemble Station. Cirencester may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Cirencester
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Cirencester each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 34°F