History buffs will enjoy exploring Swindon, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and lively bar scene. Welcoming and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its festivals.
- There are 67 hotels and other accommodations in Swindon
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF) 44.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.) 66.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Swindon
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Museum of the Great Western Railway and Swindon and Cricklade Railway. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Swindon Designer Outlet is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Coate Water Country Park and Lydiard Park.
In Swindon, there are 67 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The White Horse View B&B - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Highlands of Highworth - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
- The White Hart - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Getting Around Swindon
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Swindon Station. Swindon might not have as many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Swindon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Swindon each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F