Search Swindon, England Hotels from AU$60
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 12 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 18 Oct. 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Swindon, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and lively bar scene. Welcoming and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its festivals.
- There are 67 hotels and other accommodations in Swindon
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF) 44.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.) 66.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Swindon
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Museum of the Great Western Railway and Swindon and Cricklade Railway. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Swindon Designer Outlet is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Coate Water Country Park and Lydiard Park.
In Swindon, there are 67 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The White Horse View B&B - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Highlands of Highworth - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
- The White Hart - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Getting Around Swindon
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Swindon Station. Swindon might not have as many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Swindon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Swindon each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Swindon?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Swindon, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Swindon?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Swindon?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Swindon?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Swindon?
What's the best luxury hotel in Swindon?
Recent Reviews in Swindon
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Swindon airport?
- Where to stay near top Swindon attractions?
- More accommodation types in Swindon
- Which hotel chains are in Swindon?
- What are the most popular hotels in Swindon?
- Are there hotels near Swindon?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends