Visitors to Malmesbury are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's stargazing spots, cafés, and spas. Bath Abbey, Roman Baths, and Beckford's Tower are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Malmesbury
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.) 49.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxford (OXF) 58.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Malmesbury
Favorite places to visit in the city include Malmesbury Abbey, Lacock Abbey Country House, and Somerford Lagoon. In the area, you'll also find Bath Abbey and Roman Baths.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Malmesbury. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Mayfield House Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Kings Arms - Our customers like the dining options at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Beckford's Tower, located 18.6 mi (29.9 from the city center, and American Museum in Britain, which is 18.6 mi (29.9 away.
Dressing for Malmesbury
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Malmesbury each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 34°F