Search Gloucester, England Hotels from AU$46
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 11 Mar. 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gloucester, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Welcoming and culturally-rich, this city also attracts tourists with its cathedral.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodations in Gloucester
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.) 62 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gloucester
Cultural venues in the city include Gloucester Waterways Museum, Soldiers of Gloucestershire Museum, and City Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gloucester Cathedral and Gloucester Folk Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Gloucester. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Mulberry House - Amenities in this 3-star B&B guestroom include a coffee maker. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Corse Lawn House Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- Brookthorpe Lodge - This 3-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Thornbury Castle, located 21.2 mi (34.1 from the center of the city.
Getting Around Gloucester
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Gloucester Station. Gloucester may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Gloucester
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Gloucester gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Gloucester?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Gloucester, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Gloucester?
What's the best place to stay for families in Gloucester?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Gloucester?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Gloucester?
What's the best luxury hotel in Gloucester?
What's the best accommodation in Gloucester that's close to historical sites?
What's the best hotel for a winter holiday in Gloucester?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Gloucester?
Recent Reviews in Gloucester
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Gloucester airport?
- Where to stay near top Gloucester attractions?
- More accommodation types in Gloucester
- What kind of hotels are in Gloucester?
- Which hotel chains are in Gloucester?
- What are the most popular hotels in Gloucester?
- Are there hotels near Gloucester?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends