Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gloucester, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Welcoming and culturally-rich, this city also attracts tourists with its cathedral.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodations in Gloucester
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.) 62 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gloucester
Cultural venues in the city include Gloucester Waterways Museum, Soldiers of Gloucestershire Museum, and City Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gloucester Cathedral and Gloucester Folk Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Gloucester. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Mulberry House - Amenities in this 3-star B&B guestroom include a coffee maker. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Corse Lawn House Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- Brookthorpe Lodge - This 3-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Thornbury Castle, located 21.2 mi (34.1 from the center of the city.
Getting Around Gloucester
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Gloucester Station. Gloucester may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Gloucester
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Gloucester gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F