Visiting South Melbourne
Bargain hunters enjoy visiting South Melbourne though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, zoo, and entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and National Gallery of Victoria.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 13 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 20.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in South Melbourne
A couple of favorite places to visit are South Melbourne Market and St Kilda Road. Additionally, in the area you'll find Melbourne Cricket Ground and St. Kilda Beach.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in South Melbourne. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Albert Road Serviced Apartments - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and location.
- Quest South Melbourne - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable rooms at this hotel. Amenities at this 3.5-star hotel include parking and an in-room kitchen.
- Apartments Melbourne Domain – St Kilda Road - This 4-star apartment features a fitness center, a rooftop terrace, and parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include National Gallery of Victoria, located 0.8 mi (1.2 from the city center, and Royal Botanic Gardens, which is 0.8 mi (1.3 away.
Dressing for South Melbourne
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 50°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 45°F at night
- South Melbourne gets about 0.47 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 41°F