Visitors to Sorrento are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, golf courses, and bars. A top sight in the area is London Bridge.
- There are 51 hotels and other accommodations in Sorrento
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon) 42.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sorrento
The city's cultural venues include Manyung Gallery at Sorrento and Sorrento and Flinders Fine Art Galleries. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Sorrento Front Beach, Blairgowrie Beach, and Portsea Back Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Searoad Ferry Terminal and Sorrento Golf Club.
In Sorrento, you'll find 51 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sorrento Beach Motel - This 3.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Hotel Sorrento - Our customers like the dining options and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Shells Apartments - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a café, along with a private spa tub.
One of the popular sights outside the city is London Bridge, located 2.5 mi (4 from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Sorrento
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 77°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 44°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Sorrento is 0.79 inches
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F