Search Sonoma, California Hotels from AU$170
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 18 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 25 Aug. 2020
Reviewed on 6 Jul. 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Sonoma, and visitors give high marks for the array of wineries, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its entertainment choices, cafés, and local tours. Around the area, top sights include Sonoma Plaza, Artesa Winery, and Jack London State Historic Park.
- There are 78 hotels and other accommodations in Sonoma
- The closest major airport is in Napa, CA (APC-Napa Valley) 18.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Novato, CA (NOT-Gnoss Field) 18.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sonoma
Cultural venues in the city include Sebastiani Theatre, Sonoma Valley Museum of Art, and Terra Firma Gallery. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Sonoma Presidio, Sonoma Barracks, and Mission San Francisco Solano. Top activities include wine tasting and taking local tours, while Bartholomew Park Winery, Buena Vista Winery, and Gloria Ferrer Caves and Vineyards are favorite sights to visit.
In Sonoma, you'll find 78 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ledson Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features a winery, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and central location.
- MacArthur Place - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Inn At Sonoma - A Four Sisters Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Sonoma include Sonoma Plaza. Outside the city, popular places to see include Artesa Winery, located 5.8 mi (9.3 from the city center, and Jack London State Historic Park, which is 6.5 mi (10.4 away.
Dressing for Sonoma
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Sonoma gets about 30.91 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 38°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Sonoma?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sonoma, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Sonoma?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Sonoma?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Sonoma?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Sonoma?
What's the best luxury hotel in Sonoma?
What's the best boutique hotel in Sonoma?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Sonoma?
Where's the best place to stay in Sonoma that's close to historical sites?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Sonoma?
Recent Reviews in Sonoma
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Sonoma airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Sonoma?
- Where to stay near top Sonoma attractions?
- More accommodation types in Sonoma
- Which hotel chains are in Sonoma?
- What are the most popular hotels in Sonoma?
- Are there hotels near Sonoma?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends