Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Mittagong, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the cafés. Tourists can also enjoy the city's volcano viewpoints and lakeside setting.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Mittagong
- The closest major airport is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional) 33.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 87.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mittagong
Favorite places to visit in the city include Destination Southern Highlands, Mount Jellore Lookout, and Sturt Gallery. Additionally, you'll find Artemis Wines and Corbett Gardens in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Mittagong. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Darnell Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Bowral Road Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room iPod dock.
- Best Western Grand Country Lodge - With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and conference space, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Getting Around Mittagong
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Mittagong Station. Mittagong might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Mittagong
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 58°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 49°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Mittagong is 34.88 inches
- Hottest months are usually December and November with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 44°F