Visiting Manukau City
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Manukau City, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Around the area, top sights include Mt. Eden, Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, and Sky Tower.
- You'll find 591 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Auckland
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.) 8.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Manukau City
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Westfield Manukau City Shopping Centre is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Rainbow's End to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Manukau City. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Manukau Motor Lodge - With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- Proximity Apartments Manukau / Auckland Airport - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and central location at this apartment. This 4-star apartment features free WiFi, parking, and laundry facilities.
- Asure Camelot Arms Motor Lodge - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Popular places to see outside the city include Mt. Eden, located 9.9 mi (16 from the city center, and Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, which is 10.5 mi (16.9 away.
Getting Around Manukau City
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Manukau Station. Manukau City may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Manukau City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 57°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Manukau City is 49.25 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F