Visitors can enjoy all that Lithgow has to offer including the mountain views, lakeside setting, and art. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums and restaurants.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Lithgow
- The closest major airport is in Bathurst, NSW (BHS) 47.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lithgow
A favorite place to visit in the city is Eskbank House and Museum. In the area, you'll also find Lithgow Visitor Information Centre and State Mine Heritage Park and Railway.
This is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lithgow Workies Club Motel - This 4-star motel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Lithgow
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Lithgow Station or Bowenfels Station. Lithgow might not have as many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lithgow
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 32°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- Average annual rainfall for Lithgow is 1.02 inches
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 34°F