Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Leura, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views. Walkable and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its golf courses.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodations in Leura
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 80.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Leura
The city's mountain views and gardens provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Sublime Point Lookout. Golfing is just one of the top activities, while Leura Golf Club and Fortress Rock are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Leura Mall and Everglades Historic House & Gardens.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Leura. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bethany Manor - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Old Leura Dairy - Our customers like the helpful staff at this cottage. With a stay at this 4-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with free WiFi.
- Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains MGallery by Sofitel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Getting Around Leura
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Leura Station. Leura may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Leura
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 84°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 46°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 32°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Leura each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F