Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Katoomba, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views and top-notch restaurants. The scenic and walkable setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 68 hotels and other accommodations in Katoomba
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 83.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Katoomba
The mountain views and hiking trails exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Leura Cascades and Three Sisters. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Blue Mountains Cultural Centre and Katoomba Scenic World.
In Katoomba, you'll be able to select from 68 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lurline House - Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Windradyne Boutique Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Crimson Villa - This 3.5-star cottage features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities.
Getting Around Katoomba
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Katoomba Station. Katoomba may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Katoomba
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 32°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- Katoomba gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 34°F