Search Lisbon, Lisbon District Hotels from AU$46
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Lisbon
Lisbon Old Town
4/5Very Good!(49 area reviews)
Discover views over the old town from hilltop Graça, Moorish history in Alfama, bustling downtown Baixa, bohemian Chiado and nightlife in Bairro Alto.
4.5/5Wonderful!(22 area reviews)
Explore Moorish castles and medieval alleyways in Lisbon’s oldest district before an evening of traditional live music at an authentic Fado bar.
Discover this district of boutiques, bookshops and charming cafés that was once a hub for Lisbon’s writers and intellectuals.
4.5/5Wonderful!(4 area reviews)
In this Portuguese city, travel back to times of global discovery. Tour this historic launch point for explorers seeking distant riches.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Lisbon, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums and renowned art. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its monuments, architecture, and cathedral. Top sights in the city include Castle of Sao Jorge, Santa Justa Elevator, and Rossio Square.
- There are 1747 hotels and other accommodations in Lisbon
- The closest major airport is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado) 6.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Cascais (CAT) 18.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lisbon
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Gulbenkian Museum, Mude Design Moda Museum, and Chiado Museum. Notable for its monuments, historic sites, and cathedral, the city's landmarks include Castle of Sao Jorge, Santa Justa Elevator, and Rossio Square. Other notable sights to explore include Lisbon Cathedral and 25th of April Bridge.
In Lisbon, you'll find 1747 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Martinhal Lisbon Chiado Family Suites - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Bairro Alto can enjoy access to free breakfast and a children's club, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Residentas Apóstolos - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this apartment. This 4-star apartment in Bairro Alto features free WiFi, parking, and concierge services.
- The Lisboans Apartments - Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in Baixa can enjoy access to free breakfast and concierge services, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Lisbon include Jeronimos Monastery, Lisbon Oceanarium, and Belem Tower. Top places to visit in the area include Cristo Rei, located 2.9 mi (4.7 from the city center, and Queluz National Palace, which is 7 mi (11.2 away.
Getting Around Lisbon
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Lisbon is a breeze. You can take advantage of metro transit at Rossio Metro Station, Baixa-Chiado Station, and Restauradores Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Lisbon Rossio Station, Lisbon Cais do Sodre Station, or Lisbon Santa Apolonia Station.
Dressing for Lisbon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 46°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- Lisbon gets about 27.52 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Lisbon?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Lisbon, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Lisbon?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Lisbon?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Lisbon?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly hotel in Lisbon?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Lisbon?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Lisbon?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Lisbon?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Lisbon?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Lisbon?
Recent Reviews in Lisbon
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Lisbon airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Lisbon?
- Where to stay near top Lisbon attractions?
- More accommodation types in Lisbon
- What kind of hotels are in Lisbon?
- Which hotel chains are in Lisbon?
- What are the most popular hotels in Lisbon?
- Are there hotels near Lisbon?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends