Search Lisbon District, Portugal Hotels from AU$55
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 27 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 2 Oct. 2019
Reviewed on 5 Jan. 2020
Where to stay in Lisbon District
Visiting Lisbon District
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Lisbon District, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, renowned art, and riverfront. This vibrant city also attracts tourists with its monuments and architecture. Top sights in the city include Castle of Sao Jorge, Santa Justa Elevator, and Rossio Square.
- There are 2339 hotels and other accommodations in Lisbon District
- The closest major airport is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado) 6.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Cascais (CAT) 18.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lisbon District
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Gulbenkian Museum, Convento do Carmo & Museu Arqueológico, and Mude Design Moda Museum. Its monuments and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Castle of Sao Jorge, Santa Justa Elevator, and Rossio Square. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and such places to visit as Cascais Beach and Guincho Beach.
In Lisbon District, you'll find 2339 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Martinhal Lisbon Chiado Family Suites - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Bairro Alto can enjoy access to free breakfast and a children's club, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Residentas Apóstolos - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this apartment. This 4-star apartment in Bairro Alto features free WiFi, parking, and concierge services.
- The Lisboans Apartments - Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in Baixa can enjoy access to free breakfast and concierge services, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Lisbon District include Lisbon Cathedral, 25th of April Bridge, and Cristo Rei.
Getting Around Lisbon District
With so many ways to get around, seeing Lisbon District is a breeze. Nearby metro stations include Rossio Metro Station, Baixa-Chiado Station, and Restauradores Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Lisbon Rossio Station, Lisbon Cais do Sodre Station, or Lisbon Santa Apolonia Station.
Dressing for Lisbon District
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 46°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Lisbon District is 27.52 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Lisbon District?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Lisbon District, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Lisbon District?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Lisbon District?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Lisbon District?
What is the favourite LGBTQ-friendly hotel in Lisbon District?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Lisbon District?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Lisbon District?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Lisbon District?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Lisbon District?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Lisbon District?
What are some hotels with pools in Lisbon District?
Recent Reviews in Lisbon District
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Lisbon District airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Lisbon District?
- Where to stay near top Lisbon District attractions?
- More accommodation types in Lisbon District
- What kind of hotels are in Lisbon District?
- Which hotel chains are in Lisbon District?
- What are the most popular hotels in Lisbon District?
- Are there hotels near Lisbon District?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends