Visiting Glen Iris
Visitors can enjoy all that Glen Iris has to offer including its museums. Around the area, top sights include St. Kilda Beach, Melbourne Cricket Ground, and Caulfield Racecourse.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 20.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 28.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Glen Iris
A favorite place to visit in the city is The Duldig Studio. In the area, you'll also find St. Kilda Beach and Melbourne Cricket Ground.
As you make plans for a getaway to Glen Iris, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 1107 hotels and lodging options locally. Here you'll find a few places to stay in the region:
- Boutique Stays - Maple On Kent, Glen Iris is 1 mi from central Glen Iris. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Southbank can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour business center, along with an in-room kitchenette. Our customers like its dining options and proximity to public transit.
- Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank is 0.7 mi from the center of Glen Iris. This 4.5-star hotel in Melbourne features a restaurant, a 24-hour health club, and a bar. Our customers like its convenient parking and proximity to public transit.
- Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne is located 6 mi from the heart of Glen Iris. This 4-star hotel in Melbourne features a restaurant, parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Caulfield Racecourse, located 2.1 mi (3.4 from the city center, and Chadstone Shopping Mall, which is 2.3 mi (3.6 away.
Getting Around Glen Iris
Nearby metro stations include Glen Iris Station, Gardiner Station, and Burwood Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Glen Iris
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.47 inches of rain falls on Glen Iris each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F