Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Gerringong, which is also known for its beaches and cafés. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its wineries.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Gerringong
- The closest major airport is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional) 20 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gerringong
A favorite place to visit in the city is Crooked River Winery. In the area, you'll also find Gerroa Boat Fisherman's Golf Club and Saddleback Mountain.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Park Ridge Retreat - With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Gerringong
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Gerringong Station. Gerringong may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Gerringong
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 58°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- Average annual rainfall for Gerringong is 34.88 inches
- Usually December and November are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 44°F