Travelers to Elsternwick will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Around the area, top sights include St. Kilda Beach, Melbourne Cricket Ground, and Caulfield Racecourse.
- You'll find 1043 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 27.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon) 49.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Elsternwick
A favorite place to visit in the city is Rippon Lea House and Gardens. In the area, you'll also find St. Kilda Beach and Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Caulfield Racecourse, located 1.8 mi (2.9 from the city center, and Luna Park, which is 2 mi (3.2 away.
Getting Around Elsternwick
Head to Elsternwick Station for metro transit.
Dressing for Elsternwick
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 50°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 45°F at night
- About 0.47 inches of rain falls on Elsternwick each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 41°F