Visiting Dandenong South
Visitors can enjoy all that Dandenong South has to offer including the shopping and restaurants. Around the area, top sights include St. Kilda Beach, Puffing Billy Steam Train, and Chadstone Shopping Mall.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 43.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 51.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dandenong South
Notable places to visit in the larger region include St. Kilda Beach, Puffing Billy Steam Train, and Chadstone Shopping Mall. Additionally, in the area you'll find Dandenong Ranges National Park and Caulfield Racecourse.
As you make plans for a getaway to Dandenong South, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 61 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here you'll find a few of the places to stay in the region:
- BIG4 Dandenong Tourist Park is located in the heart of Dandenong South. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star cabin in Dandenong South can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi.
- Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank is located 1 mi from the heart of Dandenong South. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Southbank can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour business center, along with an in-room kitchenette. Our customers like its dining options and proximity to public transit.
- Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne is 20 mi from the center of Dandenong South. This 4.5-star hotel in Melbourne features a restaurant, a 24-hour health club, and a bar. Our customers like its convenient parking and proximity to public transit.
Top places to visit in the area include Brighton Beach, located 14.9 mi (23.9 from the heart of the city, and Luna Park, which is 17.2 mi (27.7 away.
Dressing for Dandenong South
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Dandenong South gets about 0.47 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F