Families will find kid-friendly activities in Carlton, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its museums. Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Melbourne Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 10.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 17.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carlton
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Royal Exhibition Building. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lygon Street and Carlton Gardens.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Carlton. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Carlton Terrace - Amenities in this 3.5-star apartment include a kitchenette and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Quest Carlton on Finlay - This 3-star apartment features free WiFi, parking, and concierge services. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Top places to see around the area include Melbourne Cricket Ground, located 1.6 mi (2.6 from the city center, and St. Kilda Beach, which is 4.9 mi (7.8 away.
Dressing for Carlton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Carlton is 0.47 inches
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F